How Can We Help?
Adding Your First Food
With WP Food Manager, it is simple to add your first food using shortcodes. In this guide, you will learn about the entire process of adding a food item to your online restaurant website.
Steps to Add First Food Using the Frontend Food Submission Form
WP Food Manager gives restaurant owners the freedom to add foods independently from the frontend using the food submission form. The food submission form consists of all the necessary food details when adding a food.
The steps given below will help you setup your page easily using the food submission form. You need to use a WordPress Admin account to complete the addition of food. To display the food submission form, users need to create a new page from the pages menu at the Admin Panel. Here, the shortcode [add_food] needs to be added.
Setting up pages:
Follow the below mentioned steps to create a new page:
- WP Admin >> Pages >> New Page.
- Add a suitable title to it which is related to the submitted food.
- Paste the shortcode: [add_food]
The best way to insert the shortcode is to paste it in the text view of the WordPress visual editor to ensure it gets formatted correctly.
Steps to Add Your First Food Using Frontend Food Submission Form
The food addition process covers the following steps:
- Account creation.
- Filling up the form with food details.
- Previewing the food menu created.
The first step that you need to take to create an account is to sign up on the frontend.
- If the user is logged in, the form raw data shows “Your account: You are currently signed in as (your username). Sign out”.
- If the user is logged out, creating an account is not mandatory, and “Allow Account Creation” is disabled this shows a sign-in link
Food Form Detail
After the account section, you will be redirected to the food submission form in which you need to fill in the details of your food.
The food fields in the food submission form covers the following:
- Food Title
- Food Category
- Food Type
- Food Ingredient
- Food Nutrition
- Food Tag
- Food Banner
- Food Description
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Stock Status
- Enable Ingredient
- Enable Nutrition
Note: You need to keep in mind that Food Thumbnail and Food Banner are two different things. If a user uploads a food banner, he will be able to see the changes he made in the banner only. Similarly, if a user makes any changes to the food thumbnail, the change will only be visible on the food thumbnail on the food listing page.
Preview of Your First Food
The preview page gives an idea to the users about the appearance of their first food on the website.
It displays the food details that have been submitted in the style of a single food listing. At this stage, the user can make changes to the specified details of the food listing through the ‘Edit’ option, or simply click on the ‘Submit’ option to submit the food for approval.
After submitting your first food listing, you will receive an email message based on the current status of the food listing.
Steps to Add Your First Food Using Backend Submission Form
In order to add your food from the backend, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to WP- Admin >> Food Manager >> Add Food.
- You will come across a form where you need to add your food details.
- Such details include Food Title, Food Category, Food Type, Food Ingredient, Food Nutrition, Food Tag, Food Banner, Description, Regular Price, Sale Price, Stock Status, etc.
- Click on “Publish” to add the food.
- Preview the food listing page.
Customization of the Food Submission Form
You can add, edit, or remove fields from the Food Submission Form using the Field Editor. You can check the tutorial for editing fields.